The Bradley family has been serving the area since 1943, and today with funeral homes in five towns, our team of experienced and compassionate professionals is ready to not only meet, but exceed your expectations. Whether it’s working with you one-on-one to develop your pre-planning checklist or going the extra mile to provide you with a service your family and friends will be talking about for years, our extraordinary level of customer service is second to none.
Certain steps need to be followed in the funeral planning process to ensure that nothing is overlooked. As you are considering your options for funeral and cremation services in Whippany, NJ, our team at Bradley-Braviak Funeral Home is here to provide the assistance your family needs every step of the way.
Most families don’t know much about end of life services. Additionally, it can be difficult to work through the details of the event if you are focused on the needs of your loved ones. It is important that you partner with an experienced team, such as Bradley-Braviak Funeral Home, for the support you need before, during, and after the event.
Stages of Funeral and Cremation Planning in Whippany, NJ
When you reach out to us for assistance in designing a funeral service, we will walk you through the most important details for the event. Here are the common stages and details that need to be addressed:
- Choosing a Funeral Home: The first step is to engage the services of a trusted funeral home. When you call us, we will be ready to jump in with the specific support that is needed. Some families call when the death occurs, and we are prepared to provide the immediate assistance required for transportation and more. Other times, families engage our services in advance. In this situation, we are happy to assist with funeral preplanning as needed.
- Designing an Event: How would you prefer to honor your deceased? A traditional burial and funeral service can be coordinated if that matches your desires and the customs of your community. Or, you might choose an alternative option such as a memorial with cremation or a Celebration of Life. Other common events include a viewing before the funeral and/or a gathering in the cemetery at the gravesite.
- Disposition of the Deceased: The next step is to consider how you would want the person to be laid to rest. Do you want the remains to be placed in a casket and buried in a local cemetery? Or, would you rather have the flexibility of choosing another location where cremated ashes are stored? Our team at Bradley-Braviak Funeral Home can assist with all of these options. We offer unique services, including green burial.
- Grief Support: Don’t overlook the importance of tapping into resources available for grief support and family care. Yes, funeral services are designed to take care of the details after a loved one passes away. At the same time, the needs of the family need to be considered since people are facing difficult emotions such as grief and loss. A funeral service offers a beautiful opportunity to find healing and comfort through sharing time with loved ones.
- Memories: Is there a specific way you would prefer to keep the memories that were shared over the years? Consider creating a tribute video that can be shared with everyone at the event. This video can include pictures and music to highlight the person’s life. Another option is to choose memorial products, such as cremation jewelry or other commemorative items that can be kept at home.
- Gravestone: If you choose to bury a casket or the ashes in a graveyard, then you will want to design the headstone that will be put on the grave. Various designs are available, as well as different materials and decorative elements that can be used to customize the marker.
- Administrative Details: Certain requirements need to be met in terms of paperwork, medical examiner services, permits, and more. Our team at Bradley-Braviak Funeral Home offers all of the behind-the-scenes support to ensure all paperwork is handled as needed.
Personalized Approach for Funeral Planning
You deserve a custom experience when designing a funeral or cremation in Whippany, NJ. Not only do you need a team that can offer advice and information, but you also need to have the peace of mind in knowing that your needs will be met every step of the way. We care about the outcome of every funeral or memorial. So, our team at Bradley-Braviak Funeral Home is dedicated to providing the highest level of services for every client.
Last-minute funeral planning can be arranged if needed. Simply call our funeral director and we will begin the planning process. Or, you have the option to arrange a consultation for advance planning if desired. This meeting is designed to help you learn about the options so the funeral services can be finalized for the unknown future.
When it comes to funeral and cremation planning in Whippany, NJ, you deserve quality results. The best thing you can do is choose a top provider in the local area: Bradley-Braviak Funeral Home. We offer multiple funeral home locations, with the nearest facility at 49 Whippany Rd Whippany, NJ 07981. Call to learn more: (973) 887-2186.