When designing a personalized funeral, one of the most important things you can do is consider the unique traditions and customs that have been carried through the generations in your family. Do you have specific songs or rituals that should be part of the event? Is there a certain way the person should be laid to rest? The benefit of choosing our team for funeral and cremation planning in Union, NJ is that we honor and support your traditions.
At Bradley, Haeberle & Barth Funeral Home, we recognize that every funeral should be as unique as the person being honored. Our team offers a listening ear so we can learn more about your preferences that details that need to be included to make it a memorable event. We encourage families to be proactive in designing personalized funeral services.
Tips for Personalizing Funeral and Cremation Services in Union, NJ
Even if you don’t have family traditions, there are certain things that can be included in the funeral plan to make it a personalized event. Here are a few custom details you might consider:
- Casket or Urn: The design of the product can be a reflection of the individual. We offer a variety of colors and designs, giving families the flexibility in choosing products that are a good fit. For example, if the person was outgoing and connected well with many friends, then you might select a white casket where people can write notes with a black marker before the burial. Or, a beautiful urn can be selected to showcase the classy life the person led.
- Event Services: Consider the way the funeral or memorial is designed and how it will honor the memory of the deceased. This event can be customized by adding a tribute video that includes pictures and music. Or, you might choose a program that incorporates the person’s favorite stories and songs. Also, consider how the size of the event matches the individual. Sometimes, it is appropriate to skip the funeral and schedule a big celebration of life instead. Other times, families prefer a smaller, intimate gathering held in the funeral home.
- Memorial Products: When cremation is the preferred method for end of life services, you have flexibility regarding the way the ashes are laid to rest. Commemorative urns can be effective if you want something to keep on display at home. Or you might consider other memorial products, such as cremation jewelry with multiple pieces that can be shared among family members.
- Activities: A funeral doesn’t have to be a time when everyone sits in a chapel and listens to the presentation. Instead, you might schedule an activity that engages attendees in something that the person loved. One example is planning a backyard BBQ or tailgate party with decorations from the person’s favorite sports team.
- Ashes: After cremation, consider other ways the ashes can be laid to rest. Some families scatter the ashes in a beautiful memorial garden where the flowers are a reminder of the beauty experienced throughout the person’s life. Other options include planting the ashes with a new tree or choosing a special location for the scattering of the ashes.
- Green Burial: If the deceased was proactive in protecting the environment, you might consider scheduling a green burial as an alternative to traditional funeral services. An eco-friendly casket can be used to minimize the unsustainable materials that are often part of traditional caskets.
What are the specific interests of your loved one? Look for ways that you can add their personality and interests to the event. Our team will show you that every family deserves custom services for funeral and cremation planning in Union, NJ.
Caring Services for Funeral Planning
Before you get started with funeral planning, it can be smart to compare the local services. The most important detail is to choose a funeral director you can trust. There’s no question that the quality of the funeral home will have an impact on the outcome of the event.
We are here to assist with all the details for both traditional funerals and unique services. You can learn more about our company to see that we have been serving the community for years. We’ve expanded to offer five funeral homes in the local area, ensuring your comfort and convenience.
If you need help with immediate funeral planning, then you can call us right away. Or, consultations can be scheduled if you would like to discuss options for preplanning. We offer a variety of funeral packages and a streamlined system to reduce your stress during this experience.
For help with funeral and cremation planning in Union, NJ, visit Bradley, Haeberle & Barth Funeral Home at 1100 Pine Ave Union, NJ 07083. Call anytime to talk to a licensed, experienced funeral director: (908) 686-6666.
Funeral & Cremation FAQs
- What are the questions to ask when considering a cremation service in Union, NJ?
- How does cremation work?
- Can I combine cremation with funeral?
- Can I arrange my own memorial?
- Any environment friendly options for cremation?
- How do I make sure that I’m receiving the right remains?
- Learn more.
- Is it legal and safe to scatter cremated ashes?
- The remains are completely sterile and safe to scatter in any public location. NJ laws do not regulate the scattering of ashes in public places, so there should be no issue with a scattering in a park or lake. If you’re interested in a scattering at a private location, contact the owner to discuss possible arrangements. Learn more about scattering cremated ashes here.
- Why should I pre-plan my funeral?
- One of the greatest gifts you can give your family is to plan your funeral now. We know it’s a difficult thing to consider, but advance planning brings comfort and relief from emotional and financial distress when the time of death comes. Learn more about pre-planning here.