What questions come to mind when considering your options for funeral and cremation planning in Springfield, NJ? If you are facing the heavy responsibility of designing funeral services for a loved one, then it is important that you learn about the industry and understand your options.
At Bradley, Smith & Smith Funeral Home, we believe that every family should have a personalized experience through all stages of the funeral planning process. It doesn’t matter if you want a small, intimate event or a large gathering with friends and family, we are here to provide the guidance needed to ensure everything goes according to plan. Contact us any time to talk to a knowledgeable funeral home director.
Questions about Funeral and Cremation Services in Springfield, NJ
Our goal is to educate our clients so that you make an informed decision for funeral planning. If you have questions, then you shouldn’t hesitate to talk to us about your needs and concerns. We will help you find the answers that are needed to ensure an optimal outcome for the event. Here are a few of the most common questions we hear:
- Which is better: burial or cremation? Every family is unique, which is why there isn’t a one-size-fits-all answer to this question. You should consider the requests of the deceased and the traditions of the family. Cremation is an affordable alternative, but some families prefer the tradition of placing a loved one in a casket.
- How much should I spend on funeral services? The size of the event will impact the overall cost. If you want a full, traditional funeral, you can expect these services to cost more compared to a basic cremation. Instead of focusing on the price of the service, it is important to lead with the event details that will honor the memory of your loved one. You’ll see that our team at Bradley, Smith & Smith Funeral Home is committed to offering affordable solutions for all families.
- What options are available for burial? If you would like your loved one to be laid to rest in a cemetery, then you will need to work through specific details regarding where they are placed and how it will be done. A traditional burial can be arranged, with a casket placed in a vault within the ground. Or, you might choose cremation with a burial urn. Our team can assist as you are selecting a gravesite, casket, and headstone. Burial gives you a place to return in the future when you want to honor the memory of your loved one.
- Why is cremation gaining in popularity? Many families are selecting cremation packages instead of traditional funeral services. These choices are often related to the simplicity of cremation planning, as well as the reduced cost of these services. Are you interested in learning more about the benefits of cremation? Then call our team to learn more about available services.
- When should we begin the funeral planning process? It’s never too early to get started with funeral planning. You can decide when you would like to start the conversation, but rest assured to know that our team is always available to answer your questions and provide advice. Call us as soon as you know that a funeral will need to be planned. Also, consider the option to coordinate funeral preplanning so your family doesn’t have a lot of last-minute decisions to address.
- Why should we consider a green burial? Some people are concerned about the impact burial has on the environment. If you are looking for an eco-friendly solution when laying a loved one to rest, then talk to our team at Bradley, Smith & Smith Funeral Home about green burial services.
- Is it necessary to schedule a funeral event? You must choose services regarding the way the person will be laid to rest, but there is no requirement to hold a funeral or memorial. But consider the healing experience that can be shared when loved ones gather to mourn and celebrate the loss of an individual. Many people find closure at the funeral event. If you don’t want a large, formal funeral, then consider an informal gathering instead.
As you can see, the possibilities are limitless when it is time to plan funeral and cremation services in Springfield, NJ. Whether you are preplanning an event for yourself, or you are coordinating the details for a loved one, Bradley, Smith & Smith Funeral Home is here to offer support every step of the way.
Funeral Planning Experts at Your Service
The most important step you can take is choosing an experienced team to assist with funeral planning. We offer full-service solutions for funeral and cremation planning in Springfield, NJ. You are invited to visit Bradley, Smith & Smith Funeral Home at 415 Morris Ave Springfield, NJ 07081. Call to schedule a consultation: (973) 376-7777
Funeral & Cremation FAQs
- Can I arrange a Green Burial at Bradley Funeral Home?
- Yes, Bradley & Son Funeral Homes are certified by the Green Burial Council. Please speak with one of our caring funeral professionals who will be happy to help you with your request. Learn more.
- What kind of flower arrangements should I bring to a funeral?
- There is no right or wrong when it comes to bringing what kind of flowers to a funeral. There are the usual standing forms, standing sprays, flower baskets, etc.. Here’s our list of flowers for you to choose from.
- What if a fallen veteran doesn’t have the required paper works needed for the veteran’s benefit?
- If there is no paperwork or the papers are illegible, there are ways to certify a soldier’s service other than DD 214’s and discharge documents. If either is the case, please let your funeral professional know and we will contact the Casualty Office on your behalf. The Casualty Office may be able to locate the necessary information electronically. Additional information about funeral military honors here.